WITDOM is a H2020 research project to produce a framework for end-to-end protection of data in untrusted and fast evolving ICT-based environments (mainly clouds).
WITDOM puts particular focus in data-outsourcing scenarios, where new threats, vulnerabilities and risks due to new uses require end-to-end security solutions that will withstand progress for the lifetime of applications they support.
This framework will be instantiated and validated in two realistic application scenarios:
- A health scenario (eHealth) based on genetic data sharing for large research data analyses and individual outsourced clinical analyses;
- A financial services scenario (FS) based on the management of both customers’ data and finance data of contracts as well as providing outsourced secure financial services over private and public Cloud instances.
This framework shall use security-and-privacy-by-design (SPbD) methodologies, and advance the state of the art in effective protection of personal & sensitive data in the following areas:
- Privacy enhancing techniques, perturbation mechanisms and privacy metrics
- Cryptographic privacy techniques supporting encrypted processing
- Cryptographic techniques for integrity and verifiability of outsourced processes
- European legal landscape.
WITDOM webpage: http://witdom.eu/
WITDOM space in LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=8257514